Everyone’s favourite MVC framework for Tridion – DD4T. Have just shipped the shiny new 2.0 version in both Java and .NET.
I haven’t been as involved in the development as I would have liked, just did a couple of bits on the website and wiki. The guys – Quirijn Slings, Thijs Borst, Siawash Shibani, Rai Kempees and others, have done a great job this year.
The new features include
- View Models built into the framework
- Support for SDL Web 8
- New Component Prestentation model
- Compressed JSON publishing format
- Improved Caching
- REST support – really good for minimising licencing costs.
- Dependency Injection out of the box – including Unity, Ninject and Autofac providers.
I can’t wait to have a go, so as soon as I get some time I will be looking to get a few posts out about it.
If you want to try go to dd4t.org or install directly from NuGet or Maven.
Happy new year and well done team.